29 Oct Refresh Your Skin for Fall!
The fall season is here, which means everyone who spent a little too much time in the sun this summer may benefit from a peel to give their skin a younger, refreshed look.
Medium depth chemical peels like The Perfect Derma Peel provide deep exfoliation to reveal healthier, clearer skin underneath, but its up to you to maintain those results. To help you do just that, we’ve put together a handy guide of tips and daily habits that will help extend your peel benefits as long as possible between peel treatments.
Note: These tips are suggestions to help you get the most out of your chemical peel, but are not meant to replace instructions during your treatment. Please follow your doctor’s individualized instructions
These post-peel tips can be implemented once your skin is completely healed.
1. Use the right home care products for your skin: If you’ve been getting by with using just any facial cleanser you find at the end of the beauty aisle, it may be time to upgrade your skin care products. Make sure you pick up a gentle, thorough cleanser without harsh chemicals to keep your skin free from impurities to prevent breakouts, blemishes and clogging of pores. Don’t let the fresh skin look like your old skin!
2. Daily Sun Protection: After a peel, you have fresh, beautiful and sensitive skin exposed and easily susceptible to damage. Avoid and minimize sun exposure, and wear sunscreen no matter what – whether it’s rainy or sunny, your skin needs protection! Those UVA and UVB rays can creep up on you when you least expect it.
Bonus: Cover up with a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses for extra protection.
3. Continue addressing the skin issues you got the peel for in the first place: Did you peel to correct hyper-pigmentation? Try The Perfect Bleaching Cream (http://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/the-perfect-bleaching-cream/) Was your primary goal to even skin tone and texture? Ask your doctor if The Perfect A can be added to your regimen (http://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/the-perfect-a-cream/).
Are you hoping to see brighter, more youthful skin? The Perfect C (http://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/15718/) is exactly what you need! The entire Perfect Skin Care line was formulated to work with The Perfect Derma Peel, so ask your doctor to help you choose the correct products to amplify your results based on your specific skin goals.
4. Keep your new skin glowing! Exfoliation is one of the easiest ways to keep your post-peel skin in good shape. Of course, this step should occur after you have recovered from your peel and never while peeling. There are several ways you can do this, including a mask, a light facial scrub or deep cleaning with a skincare brush such as the Clarisonic (http://www.clarisonic.com/). Pick whichever way works best for you, as long as you exfoliate at least once a week, as it helps contribute to cell turnover to minimize imperfections. By lightly exfoliating the top layer of skin, you’re removing dead skin cells which can inhibit proper absorption of skincare products. Properly exfoliated skin looks brighter, smoother and more hydrated.
5. Golden Rules for healthy skin: Don’t forget the golden rules of skin care: a good diet, plenty of water, exercise and proper daily care.
6. Peel, Maintain & Repeat: Schedule another peel! Luckily, medium depth peels can be applied monthly for several months if needed, and then repeated every 3 – 6 months for significant improvement for common issues like chronic acne, acne scars and melasma.
7. Visit your dermatologist: Only your doctor or medical skin care professional can give you personalized advice to help achieve your skin goals. See what your dermatologist recommends for your skin, and check in at least once a year to address any changes.